Monday, July 16, 2012

Nutella Banana Muffins and a blog stalker

Yes, I'm a blog stalker.  I follow many blogs but there is one in particular that I'm border line sick obsessed with and have spent hours looking at over and over.  I found this blogger from a picture that was posted on Pinterest.  The blog page is www.thelondoner.me/
All I know is that this bloggers name is Rose, she lives in the UK, and I want to be her!!  She's gorgeous, stylish, and a Kate Middleton look-alike.  And to top it all off, she's a foodie....which I love!!  You guys have got to check out her blog! 
So, she posted a recipe last week for Nutella Banana Muffins.  I LOVE baking Banana Muffins so this was right up my alley.  I switched up her recipe just a little and OMG, these things are heavenly!!  Something I was not aware of was how horrendously bad Nutella is for you.  The commercials always make it sound so healthy.....this stuff has PALM OIL in it and is full of fat and calories....so not healthy. But, it's damn good!! 

Here is my Look at Mommy version of Nutella Banana Muffins:

Preheat oven to 350

1 cup room temperature butter (use real butter - not margarine sticks)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 very ripe bananas
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
4 tbsp Nutella


First Step:
With a hand mixer, blend the butter and sugar
















Then add eggs and bananas
















Then add flour, baking soda, and vanilla (I add the flour in 1/2 cup increments to make blending easier)
















This is what your batter should look like
















Here is my little helper!  He was fascinated by the taste of this lemon!




















Line a muffin pan with liners and being to scoop the batter into the cups (I like using my ice cream scoop)
















After all cups are filled, insert a glob of Nutella on the top of banana batter (I used one of Fisher's baby spoons)
















Using a tooth pick, swirl the Nutella on top of the batter



































Bake at 350 for 15 minutes - Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment